Pallet racks are widespread in most warehouses and storage areas simply because they are one of the best options. A pallet rack consists of a series of upright frames connected by horizontal beams that conveniently hold palletized or non-palletized products. What a pallet rack holds depends on the type of frame construction and the type of support beams used.
Types of pallet rack:
- Drive-In pallet racks
- Drive-Thru pallet racks
These two types of racks has one main difference- Entry & Exit points
What are Drive-in/Drive-Thru Pallet Racks?
Drive-in racks have only one access point, allowing both humans and machines to access cargo through the same access point and exit from the same point. Drive-in racks automatically use a last-in, first-out (LIFO) inventory system due to their infrastructure.
The Drive-thru rack has an entrance and separate exits for both humans and machines. This type of pallet racking system can be a FIFO or first in, first out system.
Where you can use the Drive-In/Drive-Thru Racks?
If your warehouse has limited storage capacity, drive-in racks are ideal for storing non-perishable items such as electronics and machinery. But did you know that drive-in racks are used in cold stores such as cold stores where constant temperatures must be maintained?
Even slow-moving and fragile products can be safely stored in drive-thru racks. Using a drive-thru rack is the exact opposite of a drive-in rack. Ideal for warehouses that store perishable goods, except for refrigerated goods.
If you’re looking for a place with plenty of space and easy loading and unloading, the drive-thru rack is perfect for warehouses that store perishable goods, excluding refrigerators.
Here are the Benefits of Drive-In Rack:
- High density storage maximizes capacity.
- Limited storage rotation – especially suitable for seasonal products and fluctuating storage requirements.
- Ideal for refrigerated and frozen storage applications, accessible on a first in, first out basis.
- Similar Used for bulk goods Fragile packages that cannot be stacked together
Consider Following Points While Choose Pallet Racks
Pallet racks are versatile storage solutions. Easy to install and use on any type of pallet rack. But the wisest thing to do is analyze your organization’s needs. This will help you decide on your choices. Various factors play a role here.
- Storage capacity in your warehouse or factory.
- Is extra space available to accommodate the pallet racking system
- Sufficient space for unloading and loading.
- Determine storage of perishable and non-perishable goods.
- How much time it takes to unload any type of goods from a pallet.
- Match expenses with business goals.
- Budget for forklifts and manpower
Finally, you need to tell that the pallet rack according to your choice is right for you.
Drive-In Pallet Racking System is smart and wise investment to optimize your warehouses
The aim of this blog is to give all information about pallet racking. Therefore, we will only briefly outline the disadvantages of using drive-in racks to prepare you for any requirements that may arise.
- Hire an experienced forklift driver who can navigate the maze of racks without incident.
- Use high quality pallets that can support the weight of the product to be stored.
- Note that the internal palette is not accessible. This may prevent you from obtaining the product.
- Once installed with a specific size drive-in pallet rack system, it cannot be changed or modified to a larger or smaller pallet.
- Consider inventory for loading and unloading operations.
- Implement forklift safety protocols for pallet rack maintenance, employee and store safety.
- Create stacker repeats with structural dimensions.
If you want to increase your storage space through optimized warehouse processes, drive-in pallet racking is the perfect solution. Installing a pallet rack system always requires systematic loading and unloading. This allows you to keep track of what goes in and out of your warehouse. But the best thing about drive-in pallet racking is that it’s an affordable space-saving storage solution. Most warehouses choose these pallet racks as they provide high density pallet storage.
Storage Systems Vietnam has the most experienced team that can design and install pallet racking system in your warehouse. We are a comprehensive storage equipment manufacturer and supplier in Vietnam. We ship products throughout the US and Australia. Give us a call today at +84833268617